[App_rpt-users] ilbc codec source code ? What about Opuis codec ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Sun Aug 27 14:07:09 UTC 2017

Le 25/08/2017 à 13:21, Toussaint OTTAVI a écrit :
> I wanted to do some tests with low bandwidth codecs for mobile IAX2
> users. I tried to configure iLBC,

A friend of mine, who is working in business VoIP, told me to have a
look at Opus codec. It seems to be the "state of the art", and it's
highly tolerant to packet loss.

It's included in Asterisk 14. But, due to some licencing concerns, it's
not Open-Source, and only binaries are provided.

Then, I presume chances that we can use it are poor...