[App_rpt-users] experimental reflector irlp

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sat Feb 4 23:23:38 UTC 2017

On 02/04/2017 05:56 PM, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:

>     Now, maybe someone can build a secure-irlp or something for the
>     asterisk config files and add hooks that if IRLP is active, then
>     Echolink connectivity and JAVA/Phone/etc non radio access to IRLP
>     is disconnected.
>
>     I believe if that was done, as I understand the positions of all
>     involved, it would be acceptable and allowed back in via a channel
>     driver.
>
>     We need someone to build the lock outs for the methods IRLP
>     doesn’t allow when IRLP channel driver is active
>

> This is a good idea, but what begs the question is why should we have
> to modify the usage of our systems just to support that? Can't we just
> be responsible sysops instead and manage it in accordance with their
> rules?
>
> Again, not saying this is a bad solution, but I can also see
> resistance to it if in fact it was the only way at which point I think
> a lot of folks including myself would question it altogether.
>
> Stephen
> K1LNX

In general I left IRLP and for that matter EchoLink in the dust a long
time ago.
One of the things that has been discussed is a generic channel driver
that would be able to take external IO and audio and pass them in and
out of ASL.
The same basic concept we used for DMRGateway and the proposed
D-StarGateway. That way, ASL does not need to change, other then moving
EchoLink out of ASL.
I can see the ABILITY to enable or disable functions of ASL when such a
channel driver is activated.

Remember, ASL is Open Source and will ALWAYS remain so. Anyone is
welcome to build on what is in the GIT repository today or in the future.
Pull requests are welcome and encouraged. I strongly recommend people
get comfortable with GIT.

73, Steve N4IRS