[App_rpt-users] Pi2 with a Vertex VX-150

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Feb 8 16:53:38 UTC 2017

You have no COS signal from the receiver. You will have to use VOX.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)
On Feb 8, 2017 11:23 AM, kb1mcu at gmail.com wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I could really use some help here.  I don’t know if this is a wiring issue
or a configuration issue.  It’s probably a configuration issue.

I’m trying to build a Simplex Node using an HT.  I purchased a URI and made
a cable going from the URI to the TRRS Jack on my Vertex VX-150 HT.  It
will only transmit or receive.  And this is dependent on whether the
“carrierfrom=” setting is set to “usb” or “usbinvert”  When the
simpleusb.conf is setup with “carrierfrom=usbinvert”, my HT will transmit
call sign and time and stuff like that but it does not recognize any DTMF
Commands I send using a different radio on the same frequency.  If it is
set to “carrierfrom=usb” my Pi2 will receive DTMF commands but the HT will
not transmit anything.

Thanks In Advance,

-Jamie / KB1MCU

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>