[App_rpt-users] URI Hook up for Yeasu VXR-7000 (Angeo and Kevin)

William Higgins higgins.ws at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:14:45 UTC 2017

I'm very interested in this thread because I recently attempted to get this
working on a VXR-7000 with a RIM Lite from Scott Zimmerman.

In my case, I initially tried using dsp mode and could not get it working
at all. We wanted to use dsp mode because we wanted to implement the PL
tones through the Raspberry Pi 3 controller.   I then fell back to using
COR from the repeater with carrierfrom=USBinvert in the usbradio.conf
file.  This works correctly but of course, we'll have to program the PL
into the repeater itself.

I know that the URI and the RIM Lite are different interfaces with
different wiring diagrams, but the concept should be the same.  Since the
initial setup of the repeater, I've attempted to use dsp mode with a
Raspberry Pi 3 with a RIM Lite and a different radio at my QTH and it seems
to work just fine.  Granted different radio, etc. but at least the Pi has
the power to do the job.

Might be an interesting idea to create a repository for radio and interface
connection diagrams with the relevant configuration bits.  That could
probably save folks a lot of hassle in trying to figure this stuff out for
themselves. (I DO appreciate the learning factor and it's benefits, but it
sure can be frustrating sometimes!)

73!

Bill Higgins
N0NOE