[App_rpt-users] URI Hook up for Yeasu VXR-7000 (Angeo and Kevin)

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Wed Feb 15 23:08:17 UTC 2017

On 2/15/2017 5:22 PM, James R. Pilgram wrote:
> You may want to check
> out http://aplaceonthe.net/blog/connecting-the-vertex-vxr-7000-to-allstar-app_rpt/

That site goes through a HUGE dissertation of hacking up the radio,
complaining about the RX audio quality (which there is nothing wrong
with - except it's low level), and more grumblings.

All they would have needed to do was set RXBOOST=1 and the radio tune
would have calibrated just fine.  I'm rather certain I used pin 6 of the
DB25 for receive audio to the URI, but we'll see.

Since there's more than one person wanting this information, I *may* go
to the site this evening.

Kevin