[App_rpt-users] URI Hook up for Yeasu VXR-7000 (Angeo and Kevin)

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Thu Feb 16 14:14:11 UTC 2017

On 2/16/2017 3:31 AM, Eric EG. Guth wrote:
> Thanks, Keven.  We have a two meter VXR7000 in Safed that we want to put on to Allstar.  We will follow your instructions.  Do you think that USBradio will work find with Raspberry Pi3 on this system?

Yes...
While in this instant case the computer is a PC, I have several
installations (like 20) that use full DSP on one repeater (node), on a
Raspberry Pi3, using DIAL.

There are a few things I do by default to the RPi3:

1:  Add the following "fix" DNS.
cd /etc/asterisk
wget https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/raw/master/configs/dnsmgr.conf
restart asterisk (or just reboot).

2:  Turn off Radio Relax - deselect it in the menu.
Stop asterisk:
service asterisk stop

Verify asterisk is stopped:
ps ax | grep asterisk   If you see  /usr/sbin/asterisk it is not stopped
killall -9 asterisk
ps ax | grep asterisk   If you see  /usr/sbin/asterisk it is not stopped

Change compiler setting:
cd /usr/src/astsrc-1.4.23-pre/asterisk
make menuselect
select  10.   Compiler Flags
select 6.   RADIO_RELAX  (use space bar to select or de-select)
make
make install
service asterisk start (or just reboot).

3: Add Jeff DePolo's filter code.

I use WinSCP to transfer the files because I don't know any other way to
do it.
Download the five required files known to work:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/w3kkc/DIAL/

Stop asterisk -  service asterisk stop
Put usbradio.conf in   /etc/asterisk (or edit your current file with the
added filter code)
Put chan_usbradio.c in /usr/src/astsrc-1.4.23-pre/asterisk/channels
Put  xpmr.c,  xpmr_coef.h,  xpmr.h in
/usr/src/astsrc-1.4.23-pre/asterisk/channels/xpmr
cd /usr/src/astsrc-1.4.23-pre/asterisk
make
make install
Start asterisk -  service asterisk start (or just reboot).

Hope this helps...
Kevin