[App_rpt-users] RTCM Voter Compiler build fail

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:03:41 UTC 2017

Hi All,
I've gotten around to building several of the original voter PCB boards (or
RTCM). I can easily upload Voter.cry and make the boards work, however I
wish to implement "Chuck" squelch which requires a recompile/rebuild.

I've spoken with Chuck who said run everything as default (the same as Jim
had it) and it should build however I'm getting linker errors even before
making the change in HardwareProfile.h.

As I'm not much of a programmer - used MPLAB a few times, I was hoping
someone else had come across this issue. My steps were -
Download latest firmware from svn.

Open voter.mcw in MPLAB v8.92 here. MPLAB C30 compiler is installed with 60
day full functionality.

Build All > That produces these errors.

Helpers.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 2058 PC
units, attributes = code
DNS.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 1992 PC units,
attributes = code
UDP.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 1332 PC units,
attributes = code
UART.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 1274 PC units,
attributes = code
ARP.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 1040 PC units,
attributes = code
Telnet.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 942 PC
units, attributes = code
SPIEEPROM.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 912 PC
units, attributes = code
squelch.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 824 PC
units, attributes = code
StackTsk.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 676 PC
units, attributes = code
ICMP.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 622 PC units,
attributes = code
IP.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 452 PC units,
attributes = code
Tick.o: Link Error: Could not allocate section .text, size = 300 PC units,
attributes = code
 Link Error: Could not allocate program memory
Link step failed.

Has anyone come across this issue?