[App_rpt-users] OFF-LIST Looks like I can't post no more on a ARM mailing list.

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Jul 9 17:35:37 UTC 2017

I'm taking this back on list.  It's an important enough response to have it
here.  You may ignore this thread if you wish.

On 7/9/17 1:21 PM, David McGough wrote:

> Neil,
>
> I have taken these comments off list.
>
> At this point you are taking a childish argument to a criminal level,
> claiming a "back door" into the hamvoip distro and that statement is
> absolutely a LIE.
>
> With these statements you are committing criminal libel. Whether you you
> it or not, I am an Internet Business owner and I build custom routers for
> several fortune 1000 Companies and have thousands installed across 80+
> Countries. Your comments are tarnishing to my reputation. I seriously
> recommend that you either promptly come up with proof to back up your
> statement or retract it.

A person with such contempt for the law should not be lecturing others about
it. I further fail to see why I am copied on this, are you threatening legal
action?

Release the source, you have no other option.

As someone building routers, you should be familiar with the finer points of
the GPL.  I have to say, as someone who also has a day job with a company who
builds routers, I've never heard of Internet Technologies.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice