[App_rpt-users] USB Battery Bank that supports 'Pass Through Charging' and acts as a UPS for Allstar Nodes running on a Pi

Scott Zimmerman n3xcc at repeater-builder.com
Mon Jul 10 16:13:57 UTC 2017

Ramesh,

If it were me, I would use a 7ah 12v backup battery with a "normal" 12v float charger, then use a buck converter to lower the
voltage down to 5v. Something like this would do nicely:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262908222815

Using 12v storage makes things more "standard".

Just my 2c.

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC