[App_rpt-users] APRS not connecting

Loren Tedford loren at lorentedford.com
Tue Jul 25 11:39:52 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-25 01:04, Bob Roszkowski wrote:
> I've noticed on a couple of my nodes that APRS was not able to
> connect.  Error in CLI and messages show:
>
> WARNING[647] app_gps.c: server second.aprs.net [1] cannot be found!!
> WARNING[648] app_gps.c: Attempt to send APRS data with no connection
> open!!
>
> I've had this running for quite some time without problems and no
> changes to config.  I can ping second.aprs.net [1] (and
> rotate.aprs.net [2]) and get a reply.  Also changed config to
> rotate.aprs.net [2] with no change.
>
> Anyone else seeing this.  It errors out all day long and filling up my
> logs.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> boB - W5EVH
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://second.aprs.net
> [2] http://rotate.aprs.net

> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message
> to the list detailing the problem.

Greetings first thing that comes to mind is to make sure you have a
config file located in /etc/asterisk/ the config file should be gps.conf
now its been a long time but i think you also have to edit system.conf
as well.. Like i said i am not the best to ask about this but here is
two documentation link you should have a look at..

http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/14

Make sure you forward port 14580 to your node through your routers or
firewalls.. Also if your using UFW firewall on your installation make
sure you add 14580 to its list to allow traffic..

Pinging out one direction is one thing but if the aprs server can't
communicate back to the server it will fail..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Email: KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com
http://www.lorentedford.com