[App_rpt-users] Release of AutoSkyWarn 5

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Sat Jul 29 16:33:59 UTC 2017

AutoSkyWarn Version 5M is now ready for release. Available at
http://kizzy03.wixsite.com/kf5vh/auto-skywarn

AutoSkyWarn (ASW) is designed to couple SkyWarn Operations with AllStar
Servers / Nodes. ASW is a program / shell script (developed to run on
the AllStar DIAL distribution for PCs) allowing an AllStar Server and
Node to automatically report and announce about 50 National Weather
Service (NWS) Warnings, Watches, Advisories and Statements as they occur.

You can access the Overview and ReadMe1st first documents at
http://kizzy03.wixsite.com/kf5vh/auto-skywarn
and also on that site you can hear 3 sounds clips of messages produced
by ASW.

This release is for someone that has worked with UNIX/Linux systems as
superuser. There are installation notes, but no step by step
installation guide. (There is an effort to integrate ASW into the DIAL
add-on/upgraded system.) The software requires Festival and SOX to operate.

I will be releasing copies of ASW (as a tarball) by email until a direct
download is available. So after reviewing the Overview and ReadMe1st if
you are interested in AutoSkyWarn please send me an email at

KF5VH at louisiana.edu

and please include:
- Your Name
- Your CallSign
- Your Location
- a URL pointer to your repeater/group website
- any other interesting information

...STeve - KF5VH