[App_rpt-users] Asterisk AJAM

Benjamin Naber Benjamin at Project23D.com
Sat Jun 10 03:58:02 UTC 2017

Howdy!

The HDD in my asterisk VoIP phone system just took a dive, and I have
begun to explore methods that were sought out by W9SH, and his
allstarlink implementation of XIPAR.

Unfortunately, his project is now known to be defunct, and is on CentOS
6.

Has anyone changed their AllStarLink DIAL system to have some of the
features, such as AJAM?

I used FreePBX in the past, so I am considering different methods of
implementation of re-compiling an older version of FreePBX with matching
Asterisk version used with DIAL with app_rpt and chan_simpleusb, (and
others)
or,
just re-compiling asterisk on the current DIAL machine with other
modules enabled, such as AJAM, and supporting config files.

I am aware that I will have to do some serious editing as both AJAM and
FreePBX modify the standard conf files, as any hand editing must be done
in such files ./custom/IAX.conf, ./custom/extensions.conf, and so on.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ