[App_rpt-users] DIAL update restore configs question

DuaneVT . selkie2 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 16 13:06:19 UTC 2017

I have copied my entire /etc/asterisk folder. When I re-image the hard
drive, how best to restore the custom conf files..
The question is how best to maintain configs for a possible re-image.
There is a "include custom" statement at the bottom of most conf files.
Exactly what is expected as a custom conf? The entire config, but with user
changes? Does the template conf run and then the exact same customized conf
file? This has not been explained in much detail.

I COULD copy the ENTIRE SD contents after any ssh change, but that MIGHT
also capture any hacked-but-dormant changes.

More experienced administrator comments are appreciated.
73,
Duane KA1LM