[App_rpt-users] Audio Sputtering Vs. Unreasonable Delay

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 04:34:14 UTC 2017

Relavant For Raspberry Pi , dont recall the issue on other hardware, but
potentially is.

The only choices are usbradio or simpleusb so far. I'm being pretty pretty
picky, but I think its an important manner to discuss.

With usbradio, the audio sputters and sometimes gets pretty bad. It never
breaks up enough to loose what someone is saying, but definitely could use
some improvement. It doesen't seem to be affected weather I use dsp or
usb/usbinvert from the carrierfrom parameter.

Wth simpleusb, the audio repeat delay is not consistent. Sometimes I will
get a nice and good 0.25 second delay, but other times it will go all the
way up to 1.5 seconds. This varies and I have not been able to control
this, really annoying to hear not just the last syllable but my entire
callsign when I unkey the repeater.

Any solution to eliminate both problems??

And I know I am being really picky, but the more I hear it, the more
noticeable it gets and starts to get a little annoying.

Thanks,
Skyler