[App_rpt-users] RPi w/DIAL Repeater Stuck In Transmit Mode

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Mar 8 13:41:17 UTC 2017

No, it would not matter.
I would want to know:
     Is there a courtesy beep?
      Any DTMF command work?
     ssh access?

Going forward, use the release candidate, there are significant
improvements in starting and stopping ASL. It can be downloaded at
<http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/RAT_RC1.tar.gz>
A software based watchdog might help, but if I were to go in that
direction I would go for a hardware based watchdog. as I said I do not
know of any other instance of it hanging.
Another option would be a external DTMF decoder.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/8/2017 8:31 AM, Bob Pyke wrote:
> No response. I was not aware of it, so didn't engage, I have it setup so the repeater monitor can reboot using DTMF from his radio, but it did not work. If they had contacted me, I would have tried via iaxrpt.
>
> I'm not finding any logs with data from before the crash. Do you still want to see them?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> k6ecm
> 73
>
> Sent from iPad
>

>> On Mar 8, 2017, at 5:13 AM, Steve Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com> wrote:
>>
>> /var/log/syslog
>> /var/log/asterisk/messages
>> Did the system respond to any DTMF commands?
>>
>>> On 3/8/2017 8:11 AM, Bob Pyke wrote:
>>> Steve,
>>>
>>> What are the file names for these logs?
>>>
>>> Thanks,