[App_rpt-users] DTMF timing

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sun Mar 12 01:22:27 UTC 2017

I don't think you will get anywhere with that unless you edit the
source code.
There is no provision for it in ACID anyway that I have ever seen.
But I think for the nature of the problem, it is easier solved by
fixing problems with audio.

Distortions can occur when 'flat topping' so to speak.(to hot)

This often causes the double digits because the distortions make
enough valid 'break length timing' of a digit.
From where is something you need to look into
With both your rx audio as seen in dsp and the radio's 'dtmf tx audio
level'  that is normally adjustable internally. (or both)

but if you should change the source code, adjust the time of 'break
length'.
The time required of silence between the digits before the next digit.
The reason adjusting that can problematic for some is the auto-send
dtmf strings many use in their radios are pretty quick.

My advise is play with the audio first. The dtmf timing has been well
thought out.
Adjusting it will have implications you did not account for.

...mike/kb8jnm