[App_rpt-users] Simulcasting with RTCM/voter

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 21:55:43 UTC 2017

Really interesting thread so far.
Tim I was getting those figures from an article I read here -
http://urgentcomm.com/networks_and_systems/mag/designing_simulcast_networks_1101

"Analog FM systems on 25 kHz channels typically can withstand two
relatively strong, equal amplitude signals with up to 150 microseconds
relative delay before speech is unintelligible, according to Garry C. Hess
in *Land-Mobile Radio System Engineering"*

I have used radio mobile quite a lot. It might be time to ascertain my
coverage. The only gripe I have with Radio Mobile is that it overestimates
at low band VHF by default. UHF coverages are pretty accurate in my
opinion. I've also used Splat, and still use Splat to overlay onto Google
Earth.

Do you change the strong signal margin on one site in Radio Mobile to
0dB/20dB for the 10dB difference, then plot the two together?

Hayden