[App_rpt-users] Nodes on same server linked, but not repeating audio?

Benjamin Naber Benjamin at Project23D.com
Wed Nov 1 04:12:50 UTC 2017

Bryan, et al:

I've also been having some connection issues, those of which never
seemed to occur until I moved from Columbus, GA to here. Coincidence,
I'm sure.

However, sometimes I have been able to connect to nodes, and the next
day, I will try to connect to the same nodes whose uptimes has been
clicked up another 12 or 24 hours, and I cannot connect.

Digging further, I've went into the logger.conf and changed:
messages => notice,warning,error,debug

saved, and restarted asterisk.

Before I moved, or just possibly noticed a couple of times, when my
node was up for 60+ days, the registration requests look something akin
to this:
"something, something, who sees us as (IP:14569) with no messages
waiting."

Later, went through my montage of HDDs dying from old age, installed
DIAL 8.5, and now only says the line above, as soon as asterisk is
started, and that is it. The the usual registration requests, and re-
requests every 60-ish seconds.

Saturday night I sent an email out the group about the
updatenodelist.service, to which at the time when systemctl reported it
as failed, I could not even connect to the hub node on the same ASL
box, until the updatenodelist was restarted. That should have nothing
to do with it, but it has not been crossed-off yet.

to further add to things, until a few hours ago, I had ASL web portal
set for the server to use port 14569 instead of 4569. I've been using
14569 for the last two years. Inbound/outbound connections were never
an issue.

With Asterisk reporting that ASL "registration core" sees me as
IP:port, yesterday and today it was advising it was seeing me at port
4569 and NOT what I've been using. I was not able to receive inbound
connections.

So, after all this mess, I went to ASL portal, changed the port for the
server back to 4569, updated NAT on the router, and all seems to be
well; 20 minutes after I made those changes, four Allstarlink Tech Net
new-comers connected their nodes connected to 45221 on my server.

Either I'm sleep messing with stuff or something, but these connection
issues have me scratching dandruff, because as I said, until a couple
weeks ago, everything was peachy. The county I live in is a dry county,
the closest package store is 20 miles away, so I have not drunk-
configured things for magical-ness in a month, haha.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ