[App_rpt-users] Nodes on same server linked, but not repeating audio

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Nov 2 19:26:04 UTC 2017

On 11/2/17 2:48 PM, Tom wrote:
> I think we are saying the same thing: Each server in a LAN subnet must have a
> separate port; but all nodes on a given server use the one server UDP port.

Tom, this is what I'm saying is not correct.  I have this setup with two
servers here on the same LAN segment running the same UDP port.

What I'm saying is that the UDP port is only significant on a unique IP.  If
you're on different IP's you can run the servers on the same port.

The IP is analogous to a street and the port is the house number.  I can have
324 first ave and 324 third ave and they are the same address but the post
office knows where to send the mail.

73's
--
Bryan Fields