[App_rpt-users] Nodes on same server linked, but not repeating audio?

andy_kb7b andy_kb7b at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 08:16:46 UTC 2017

On Nov 2, 2017, at 11:14 PM, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:

>> If each server has it's own globally unique IP address then they can have
>> the same port number on each server.
>
> Well not to be that guy, but really only on the NAT public interface.
>
> Internal IP 1:4569 >Outside IP:4569
> Internal IP 2:4569 >Outside IP:4570
> Internal IP 3:4569 >Outside IP:4571
>
> This should work.
> --
> Bryan Fields
>
> 727-409-1194 - Voice
> http://bryanfields.net

Bryan,

I experienced a problem with Port-translation similar to what you described, when trying to access a friends site using Supermon. When his internal port number did not match the external port number translated by his router, I could not connect to his node.

Based on that, I would recommend you do this instead:

> Internal IP 1:4569 >Outside IP:4569
> Internal IP 2:4570 >Outside IP:4570
> Internal IP 3:4571 >Outside IP:4571

I am new to Allstar/Asterisk and don't know the protocol details, but it appears to me that the absolute port number is important - at least for some things. I have done port-translation with HTTP which works just fine, but Allstar appears to have problems with this.

-Andy, PB7B/KB7B
Allstar: 42432