[App_rpt-users] Remote reinstall..... Ideas..

Loren Tedford loren at lorentedford.com
Sat Nov 4 18:12:21 UTC 2017

Hello I know you can do a rm -R /  and completely remove everything on
the hard drive remotely and the system will stay up until reboot because
i have done this a few times.. Just curious though if its possible to
remote reinstall asterisk from the scripts that dial uses? Example dial
installation script etc and data etc.. idk just thinking about
situations where i might need a hard reset of everything and it would be
nice to be able to send some dtmf and do complete restore remotely or
ssh in and do a complete restore etc.. Of course i would have to modify
things a bit to keep my vpns and stuff in the system but it might be
worth a shot..

Just thinking..

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable
patient health information or business information, is subject to
protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate
this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and
notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception
of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.