[App_rpt-users] iPhone Verizon Hot Spot Issues

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Nov 15 22:09:06 UTC 2017

there is a proxy function in allstar (or at least was in acid) where a fixed server could register your node number, and the wireless via wifi or wilan or 4g or what have you would authenticate to the proxy with a shared secret and connect you to the net or other linked systems.

Connecting inbound would be handled by the proxy server with traffic forwarded properly.

don’t remember the url to the page that described it, but i did run it for over 18 months just fine.

and on both vzw and at’t hotspots.

ymmv.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.