[App_rpt-users] Trouble with RTCM and Garmin GPS (18x LVC)

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Thu Nov 16 08:39:36 UTC 2017

I can't get the RTCM to recognize the attached GPS unit.
Reference: http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/GPS_18x_Tech_Specs.pdf

I have determined that pin6 on the DB15 of the RTCM is transmit data to the
GPS (using an oscilloscope) and that's hooked to the RxData line of the
Garmin (green).  Will the Garmin respond if it does not have lock?

RTCM diagnostics complain:
Running Diagnostics...

Warning!! VF Diode NOT calibrated!!!

Testing PTT/External CTCSS
Error - Failed to read PTT/CTCSS in asserted state
Testing GPS UART
Error - Failed to read data from GPS UART

Any hints? or ways to get more diagnostics?

-Doug-