[App_rpt-users] TOS values - differences/significance?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Nov 29 18:06:17 UTC 2017

On 11/29/17 12:54 PM, Jim Aspinwall No1PC wrote:

> What realistic, effective difference do these values make?  Any conflicts
> with one node having 'some' values set and another having different values?
>  Should we all just get along on ONE set of values?

It will only set the IP DSCP bits in the packets, it makes no difference to
asterisk.

This will only matter if you're on a network that has QoS policies running.
Once a packet hits an ISP the DSCP gets stripped off, so it only matters
inside your network.  99.9% of all users will see no benefit to this setting.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net