[App_rpt-users] RTCM de-emphasis setting

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Thu Oct 12 14:40:50 UTC 2017

I'm going to be deploying a dedicated 900Mhz simplex node soon using an
RTCM. I will need de-empasis set, as I will be pulling my audio directly
from a discriminator, but I am little unclear as to what the defaults are
for de-emphasis.

For example, I see this in the RTCM manual:

[5678]
buflen=750
mobile1 = mobp1,adpcm,transmit,*nodeemp*

If I just simply leave out "nodeemp" will that perform de-emphasis by
default?

Waiting on parts to be delivered so I am unable to test anything myself
just yet, but just curious if someone has already ran into this and could
clarify for me.

73
Stephen
K1LNX