[App_rpt-users] GE MASTR II Over Modulation?

Jesse Lloyd ve7lyd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 01:16:28 UTC 2017

Ya so if you put a bandpass filter on it, set to 3.2 dB insertion loss
you'll get about 22 dB of reject 250 Khz off.  If you use two cans set each
to 1.1 dB insertion loss each (totaling 2.2 dB) you'll see about 27 dB of
reject. You could also put a notch filter on it for that one receive
frequency, but you should check first to make sure you aren't getting into
other gear at the site (if there is any). At 250 KHz I don't think you'd be
able to take a duplexer notch / pass can and tune it to get any significant
rejection. Sinclair says the Q201 (6 can duplexer) min freq spacing is 300
KHz. You'd might be able to get 30 dB out of 3 notch/pass cans series'd
together, not sure.

To get an additional 30 dB of isolation (totaling 70 dB)  between the
antennas you'll need to space them 3000 ft apart.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/images/horizsep.jpg
Vertical separation is better, you need about 100 ft to get 70 dB, maybe a
little more. http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/images/vertsep.jpg

+49 dBm (79W) less 2 dB of duplexer loss, less 2.5 for cable loss plus 3 dB
for repeater antenna, less 70 dB of isolation plus 3 dB for rx antenna
gives about -19.5 dBm.  This probably still isn't enough, you'll probably
still see some desense, but might be good enough to work, it'll just make
it a little deaf.

Really you need to get it further then 240 Khz off freq. then you can get
away with only one or two extra cans.

Jesse