[App_rpt-users] nws weather script

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Tue Sep 12 17:41:17 UTC 2017

Jimmy:

If you are referring to AutoSkyWarn, then the NWS alerts are match to
the TYPE of alert, which is then spoken.  You may change the alert
message content  if you wish.  Full details are at ...
http://kizzy03.wixsite.com/kf5vh/auto-skywarn

I have other code that speaks the alert Titles and another that speaks
the alert Summary.  The available free Text To Speech (TTS) software is
lacking in audio quality.  If someone can point me to a free TTS that
has sufficient audio quality I would rewrite the scripts for
distibution.  That package will also speak current conditions.  N.B., it
takes a lot of airtime is speak the summary!

...STeve