[App_rpt-users] stats.allstarlink.org

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:07:32 UTC 2017

What "unofficial API" are you referring to. There is none I'm aware of.

Some sort of web service could easily be developed... at least to pull
data, there is one fort Allmon but no lat/lon there. I would like to open
sourcing the project but need to think about how without creating a
security risk.

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Tim Sawyer <tisawyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is some work being done in that area and more. I'm rebuilding the
> > AllStar Portal, slowly. This node list https://allstar.aargdmr.net/
> nodelist/
> > has a filter box in the upper right. It gives some of the functionality
> > you're looking for.
> >
> > Login is not required to see the node list. You may login just to test
> the
> > feature but it won't let you do much as there is not much there yet. The
> > database is a copy of the actual current database and it might be months
> old
> > or only seconds old, depends on when I've worked on it last.
> >
> > You're welcome to bang on it and provide feedback. I hope to have time in
> > coming weeks for further development.
>
> Have you considered open sourcing this project? That would allow it to
> progress faster than you could do on your own.
>
> Or as a half measure, publish an API so that independent frontends
> could be developed. I took a look at the unofficial API you are using
> here. Would it be possible to add the lat and lon fields to the
> response? This would allow mapping the results in the client.
>
> Tom KD7LXL
> options button"
> the list detailing the problem.

Tim