[App_rpt-users] Node Password

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Sep 26 21:17:52 UTC 2017

I just noticed that all of my node passwords are 6-digit numbers. I
would like to change the passwords to something more secure, like a
16+ character alphanumeric key. I can't find the place to change
these. Where do I go to do that?

I also find it a bit odd that the Allstar portal can decrypt my
passwords and display them to me. Isn't it standard practice to store
passwords with a one-way hash such that it's impossible to recover the
original?

This seems like something I could fix myself, but I wasn't able to
find any of the server code on Github.
https://github.com/AllStarLink?tab=repositories

Tom KD7LXL