[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Apr 23 16:43:25 UTC 2018

Most of the exciters I use in repeater service, or hot spot for matter,
have a TOT in the firmware. I crank them all the way up. Sometimes that
is not as long as I would like but I feel better. As Kevin says, there
are USB radio interfaces available with timers. The rules in the US may
have changed but I remember a time when a repeater required a control
channel on 220 MHz and above. But I'm old (licensed in 1969) and things
change. The "belt and suspenders" approach can be a good thing.

73, Steve N4IRS