[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs - > FIX

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Apr 24 02:16:48 UTC 2018

Benjamin,

LOL.... I think you missed the original post. See:
http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2018-April/018382.html

This discussion was about an embedded PC with these specs (NOT an RPi2/3):

Computer type and information:
Intel Atom D2700 @ 2.13GHz
Memory 4GB
Intel SSD
Pico Power Supply 12

As embedded systems go, that would appear to be a very reasonable setup.
I've got many with roughly the same specs. And, in general, they don't
skip a beat.

As for RPi3B boards, well, I've replaced all my embedded AllStar PC's at
this point. And, the RPi3B's don't skip a beat either. In fact, I'm seeing
even better reliability with the Pi's than with the PC's. But, it didn't
start out that way. I figured where the weaknesses were with the RPi
systems and solved those problems. Now, my RPi3B boards run until I reboot
them, wherever they're located...Like this system at the top of a TV
tower:

[root at repeater-444850 asterisk]# uptime
 22:10:13 up 183 days, 10:58,  1 user,  load average: 0.12, 0.05, 0.03
[root at repeater-444850 asterisk]# cpu_stats.sh

		Current CPU stats
		-----------------
cpuinfo_cur_freq = 1200 MHz.
cpuinfo_max_freq = 1200 MHz.
cpuinfo_min_freq = 1200 MHz.
cpuinfo_transition_latency = 355000
cpu frequency ondemand up threshold = 95
cpu frequency scaling governor = ondemand
Current CPU Temperature = 41C / 105F
Core volt=1.2500V
sdram core volt=1.2000V
sdram I/O volt=1.2000V
sdram PHY volt=1.2250V
BogoMIPS : 38.40 X 4 CORES

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Benjamin Naber wrote:

> DIAL 8.x on a dell latitude 530 laptop and RA-35

in the last three years of running, never once was there an issue with
ASL that I did not cause.

RPi's are great and all that, I guess, but, duuuuude, they suck for
reliability!

if I were to throw darts, I would venture to say 85% of the issues here
and "there" and directly RPi and crappy sound fob IC related.

By *NO* means is this discrediting the authors of ASL, a lot of work
has been put forth to deal with silly Pi's... aka SD card eaters!

Saving 20W of power is not worth the headache.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ