[App_rpt-users] BIG registration problem this morning

Michael Wolthuis wolthuis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:21:40 UTC 2018

I have seen this before if you are using PFSense as your outbound router and you are NOT static locking NAT outbound, it will pick a port at random.  Other firewalls have also done it if not set for static, but most consumer grade routers do NOT mangle NAT this way.

Mike
Kb8zgl

On 8/12/18, 12:06 PM, "App_rpt-users on behalf of Bryan Fields" <app_rpt-users-bounces at lists.allstarlink.org on behalf of Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:

    On 8/12/18 12:06 PM, Paul - KN2R wrote:
    > I have all set and been using port 44569 for well over a year on that
    > server.
    > Now this morning the registration server is reporting the incorrect port
    > number of 54799.
    > I Never used that number.  Now inbound connections are not working any more.

    Ok, are you behind NAT?  What are you doing there that iax is not connecting
    outbound with a source port of 44569?

    I just pulled a dump of your traffic to the registration server and I see
    you're hitting it with a source port of 54799, not 44569.  I think this has to
    be some nat funkyness, using a different outgoing port vs incoming.

    Can you check that and give some details if you are behind nat as to the setup
    you have?

    Thanks,
    --
    Bryan Fields