[App_rpt-users] My ip blacklisted, ticket 602

C B harvard5362 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 12:40:48 UTC 2018

My ip address was blacklisted according to an email set to the group.
ticket 602 was opened.
the reason given was that i had some private nodes (mostly aux receivers) trying to register.
that was corrected.
the ip address was likely unblocked as my node was registered again.
then i was told i have the following error
[Aug 13 01:57:19] NOTICE[18339]: chan_iax2.c:8284 register_verify: No registration for peer 'xxxxx' (from ip address removed)

Please note the xxxxx was the node number given in the email from the allstar staff
i enquired how to find this amongst the more that 40 nodes behind the firewall on my system.
the response was
"idk, it's behind your IP.  tcpdump or wireshark?"
IDK was looked up as i do not routinely use internet acronyms, the most likely answers where
IDK = "i don't care" or IDK = "i don't know"
wireshark filters where requested as i do not know how the registration process works.
No reply.
then my ip address was apparently blacklisted again
CLI> iax2 show registryHost                  dnsmgr  Username        Perceived             Refresh  State44.98.254.145:4569    Y       29883           <Unregistered>             60  Request Sent
As i do not know how to find node xxxxx nor do i understand what data the registration process sent to make it work thus i can not make a filter to find the issue and i am not a wireshark expert thus i will not be able to resolve this issue.
note i did try the following filters
tcp contains "node"
udp contains "node"
tcp contains "register"
udp contains "register"
udp contains "register.allstarlink.org"
tcp contains "register.allstarlink.org"
tcp contains "xxxxx"
udp contains "xxxxx"

all with no results
Chris

      -
      - Chris via RT <rt at allstarlink.org>

      -
      - Aug 12 at 7:09 PM

      -
      - harvard5362 at yahoo.com

      -

Message body
as most of my nodes have unique port numbers is there a way for you to tell the iax port number?