[App_rpt-users] register.allstarlink.org with ip 44.98.254.145

Joe Puma kd2nfc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 01:32:57 UTC 2018

I don’t get using the 44/8 space on a local natted network if thats what the OP is doing. was he assigned a 44 subnet?  because if you use an IP in that space you don’t know if that IP is used on the internet. I’m wondering if he’s using 44.0.0.0 (255.0.0.0) in his network config and each machine 44.0.0.2, 3, 4… which is okay because I don’t see any pings in that space however 44.0.0.1 directs you to https://www.ampr.org/ <https://www.ampr.org/> . If you want to stay in the 44 IP space locally you can use something like 44.1.1.0/24 and you’ll have IP address range 44.1.1.1 - 254 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 …. If this is how you configure your router and assign IP’s to hosts on your network and its a natted local network then any traffic to this network will stay local and anything outside of 44.1.1.0/24 in the 44. IP space will go over the internet.

Danny thats a cool link, how are subnets registered to this database, is this an official record of routable subnet assignment for hamnet?

Joe
kd2nfc