[App_rpt-users] SSH Access

TGundo 2003 tgundo2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 21:09:36 UTC 2018

Hi all-

I'm in the last lap of getting my first node online, still have a lot of learning to do. My setup consists of an S-Com 7330 that has repeaters on the first two ports and the Asterisk Pi on the third port for linking to a neighboring system.

A few items I need some direction on:

1. SSH access. I can putty into the Pi and get to the login and password screen, but it rejects my username and password that I use to log into the machine on the local interface. Do I need to setup a different user account for SSH access? anyone with a good web link on how to accomplish this?

2.  CTCSS Invert. I am using USBRADIO for the driver. On the interface from the Repeater Builder USB-RIM Lite 7330 module it is lighting up my CTCSS light with no activity like its inverted. I can jumper the 7330 internally to invert it and make it go out, but not thru the driver. I changed CTCSS to USBINVERT but it didn't solve it. COS is working properly. What else should I be checking? Maybe a cabling issue? I used an off the shelf DB9 cable to connect the RIM to the 7330.

3. Are there any ports I need to open up on my router? I've looked far and wide and cannot seem to find this info. When the machine is fired up I see it is listed online on the website.

Thank you all for the help!
Tom
W9SRV