[App_rpt-users] duplex=0 bug?

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Wed Aug 29 12:52:57 UTC 2018

Hi guys,
     I recently re-built the node that interfaces to my controller, and one
of the things I noticed after re-building it that there was a fairly long
hang time, anywhere from 5-10 seconds.

I have the following set, and unless I'm misinterpreting how this is
expected to work, could this be a potential bug?

duplex = 0
;0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time.

linktolink = yes
; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while
; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

I am still testing, but setting the the hang time to "0" appears to have
fixed it, I also tried setting other params to "0" in the wait-times
section:

hangtime = 0
; squelch tail hang time (in ms) (optional, default 5 seconds, 5000 ms)

althangtime = 0
; longer squelch tail

[wait-times]
telemwait = 0                            ; Time to wait before sending most
telemetry
idwait = 500                              ; Time to wait before starting ID
unkeywait = 0                           ; Time to wait after unkey before
sending CT's and link telemetry
calltermwait = 0                        ; Time to wait before announcing
"call terminated"

Anyone else run into this, or is this working as expected? Hardware is a
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Repeater Builder RIM "lite" SCOM interface.

73
Stephen
K1LNX