[App_rpt-users] asterisk version

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Dec 5 21:28:01 UTC 2018

On 12/5/18 4:15 PM, Marco Brunozzi wrote:
> I don't understand why there are two different versions of asterisk witch is:
> - ArchLinux: Asterisk 1.4.23-pre.hamvoip-V1.5.3-48-app_rpt-0.327-11/24/2018
> - Debian:  Asterisk GIT Version 004b9dd

Yes, the hamvoip version is a version made by a criminal software pirate known
as John David McGough.  John David and his company have taken the open source
Allstar and Linux code, closed sourced it, and distribute it in violation of
the copyright.

I would encourage all users to use the open source version of Allstar Asterisk
as there's no telling what nefarious things may be hidden in the infringing
software put out by those who would claim others work as their own and steal
from the community.

The real version of Allstar can be found here for both the x86 and ARM
architectures can be downloaded here:

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Main_Page#Downloads

The source can be found on github and you can compile it yourself if you choose.

https://github.com/AllStarLink/

73's
--
Bryan Fields