[App_rpt-users] Neophyte user

Pierre Martel petem001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 21:17:34 UTC 2018

Mike, It worked out of the box for me cause I was prepared to do it.  No
disrespect either.. It is just plain human nature.

In all venture I do I always search, read, read, read, learn, learn, learn,
apply, apply, apply. And if it fail start back at reading and searching.

Most people go from, where is the image? to: It wont work! Help!
They then retry the exact same steps without trying to understand where it
fail. If you do something and it fail, it will not work if you repeat the
same action again and again and expecting a different outcome. Then
frustration comes in and the f*** with that s*** it is a badly desing
software, it does not work and will never do.... blah,blah,bla...

But almost all the people on this list know that it works and very well I
must say. Thanks to the hard work done by the original team and up to
today's team. And for that I can't be more grateful to them.

Going into a venture like building a repeater or a hotspot is not for the
common mortal being..
In fact another ham that I know that own a few repeater asked me to help
him with transfert his ICS linker 2A to allstarlink. He could not even
undertand the principle of usb sound card.

There had to have some magic programing in the URI. No where was it
possible that a software in Linux could do the real control.. And we are
not talking about someone dumb. He just got pass 55. But he stopped
learning when he found out that what he knows is ok for him to acheive what
he needed to do 15 years ago.

And again just human nature.. I've been teaching to adults since 1997.
first in my feild of expertise, security system and electricity. Now ham
radio and other stuff.. Not every one want to learn or are use to learn
later in life.. They want to have stuff working and thats it. Just like or
father and mother had no interest in connecting and could not program there
VCR.

Some could be offended by what I just said. Yes they can be.. this does not
make them right to be for the simple reason that if someone else been able
to make this software works, there are no reason that they could not do it
with some effort. Like I love to say. If a human did it, another one can do
the same. Just need to learn how to.

I am no better then the average joe. My only good thing is a moderatly good
memory and a bad case of acheiving what I want to do,no mather what.

To the original poster, Yes the software is working and have a zillion
options possibility. No it is not the simplest software to tackle along.

Yes the raspberry pi image is simple to install. But you need to know what
hardware you have and how it is working. there is no standard way of
connecting your repeater to the controler. No magic receipe that will work
all the time..

You also need to come up with a desciption of your setup for us to be able
to help you.

Radio type?
Did you do the programing if it does have a programing?
Did you review it?
What signal is available?
Did you tested the signal to really be what you think it is?
Have you rechecked?
Never assume anything.. that's the best way to fail.

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>