[App_rpt-users] apt-get install allstarlink

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Dec 31 18:20:54 UTC 2018

On 12/31/18 12:34 PM, Brian G wrote:
> Yes, https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/ASL_FAQ - See Q/A number 4

Much love on this new years eve for those who RTFM. <3

Note, this needs to be Debian 9.  While it's certainly possible it will work
on other debian based distros, all bets are off.  If you want to run it on
something else, grab the src from github and make install.

It's kinda the view development took was, it should run anywhere, so why
bother making a custom software distro.  We compile it and officially support
debian, but let debian handle the distro work, they are much better at it than
we can be.  AllStar is now no different than mariadb/etc, we just have
software that runs on top of a distro.

73's
--
Bryan Fields