[App_rpt-users] Portal Config

Eric (KG6WXC) kg6wxc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 16:33:18 UTC 2018

Hello to all!

I have been trying to get an allstar node setup for a friend of mine who is
not all that command line savvy. He was rather excited when it seemed he
could use the web portal to configure his server if he needed to.

I have the server and node setup just fine, but when ever I try to use the
Web Portal to make configuration changes and then click on "Download
Configuration" the changes never seen to be made on the server itself until
I manually run nodesetup again.

Is there something simple I am missing to get the web portal to be able to
configure the server automatically?

I used the RAT_RC1.img file to install the system. (downloaded from
allstarlink.org)
I changed the root user password, but there was no other "setup scripts"
than ran, I was only prompted to change passwords.
I finally found and ran nodesetup on my own.

I have tried to use the portalconfig.sh script also, to no avail.

Ports 4569 and 5198-5199 are forwarded to the system.

Any help or ideas is appreciated!
73
eric/kg6wxc