[App_rpt-users] Simulcast buffer value issue

Jeff Carrier k0jsc.jeff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:05:47 UTC 2018

I'm running the same GPSDO's without the 9.6 mhz mod to the rtcm.  The
stations are GE MIII's and the transmitter is locked to the GPSDO.

Hayden, your issue sounds more like a network or buffer issue.  I've
not ever experienced the issue you describe, even when I had non
matching TX buffer values at the 3 sites.  I'd have to read back
through the thread to see how your sites are connected.  It's
certainly a strange issue.

I didn't mean to steer this off topic from your original post and I
apologize for that.  There aren't a lot of folks simulcasting so it's
interesting to hear all the different woes.  I was always told it
wouldn't be easy!

de K0JSC

Very good, Hayden. Yes, I've been in touch with  Joe about his project from
when he ordered the RTCMs. I was inquiring as to what Jeff was running.
Didn't mean to veer off topic.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM Hayden Honeywood <haydenph91 at
gmail.com <http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users>>
wrote:

>* Starting to drift off topic.... however...
*>>* Attached are my simulcast Radio Mobile plots for the two site system I
*>* have.
*>>* Sam - I'm currently using the BG7TBL GPSDO's that are readily available on
*>* eBay. They give both a 10MHz output and a 1PPS. I then use a board that Joe
*>* KC2IRV developed that uses a 10MHz signal from the GPS to control the VTune
*>* pin on a 9.6MHz OCXO.
*>>* http://rtcmsimulcast.wikifoundry.com/page/9.6+MHz+PLL+Circuit+for+RTCM
<http://rtcmsimulcast.wikifoundry.com/page/9.6+MHz+PLL+Circuit+for+RTCM>
*>>* Back to the one of the topics of the thread -
*>* I was driving home within the overlap area of the sites again, and noticed
*>* that extra "audio delay" to my secondary site. The audio starts first on
*>* the main site, few words later, the audio starts on the secondary site...
*>* it's quite weird...
*>* Can I attach MP3's to the list here? I might try to obtain an example.
*>>* The variable delay on unkeying is still a problem too.
*>