[App_rpt-users] node will not connect to internet

Nate Hardman nhardman1428 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 04:18:53 UTC 2018

I had this on one of my RPi nodes, it would loose the DNS servers in
resolvconf.   I used

sudo apt-get install --reinstall resolvconf and it fixed a file that
went bad (maybe user mayfunction).

Check to see if it can ping by name or by ip address next time this
happens, to confirm if it is loosing connection to outside world or
just lossing dns.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:23 PM, David Shaw <shawpbx at gmail.com> wrote:

> IS your node DHCP or static? Can you ping yahoo.com?
>

> David
>

> --
> Thanks, David
>
> "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither
> inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for
> the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage
> than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater
> confidence than an armed one."
> Thomas Jefferson
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:13 PM, David Waters <dwaters5 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> My node was running and connecting but after 4 days it will not connect
>> anymore to internet. When I check my router to see what devices are
>> connected the node no longer shows up. I can connect to my node with putty
>> internally, but nothing will connect to it outside my local net. I tried to
>> ping googsl snd other places from my node but nothing, I can ping from my
>> computer.  I found s file resolv.conf, in etc directry. but I am not
>> sure what should be in this file if anything. Mine shows an ip address that
>> isn't used on my system it is 72.something.
>> Am i just looking at the wrong place and if so where should I look to fix
>> problem?
>> This happens it seems everytime my internet provider changes the host ip
>> address, I can only get back on line by running firsttime and setting
>> everything up again. I am really tired of doing this every 4 to 5 days.
>> There has to be a fix in some conf file some place, but I have very very
>> linited linux experiance.
>> Can anyone help Please. I have tried everything I can think of which
>> isn;t much.
>>
>> Dave

>> options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> the list detailing the problem.

> options button"
> the list detailing the problem.

--