[App_rpt-users] RTCM underwater audio...

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sun Feb 25 14:47:42 UTC 2018

On 2/25/2018 9:27 AM, Sam Nabkey wrote:
> No GPS, Nothing abnormal on CLI or wireshark. nothing at all on either
> RTCM...  Buffers set using the howtow on the wikki  I will try 1200
> and 250.
>
> DELL R210II Server...

There are *some* Dell servers that will not run Asterisk - app_rpt
correctly.  I used a Dell 1850 for years on nodes 2135, 2124 and the
NYLRS hub - never a problem.  I was given some (newer) Dell servers to
aid with our WAN Repeater project.  Two of them were Dell 1950's, and
both of them would produce this underwater effect.  I had everyone
familiar with app_rpt look at this, with no explanation. My resolve was
to move to a different server.  Note that 2135, 2124 and the other hub
has NO connected radios - it's only a hub. Sometimes the underwater
problem only affected one of the hub nodes.  I now have a few SuperMicro
servers running this series of hubs with no problem.  Same distribution
and all.

My suggestion is to try different hardware.

Kevin W3KKC