[App_rpt-users] Registration vs online question

Michael Wolthuis wolthuis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:37:07 UTC 2018

Thanks David,
Ping = DNS resolves and pings fine
The wget test command returns exactly the output you listed.

Other recommendations to test?
Mike
Kb8zgl

On 1/10/18, 10:30 AM, "App_rpt-users on behalf of David McGough" <app_rpt-users-bounces at lists.allstarlink.org on behalf of kb4fxc at inttek.net> wrote:

    Hi Mike,

    For some reason your wget queries are never reaching the stats server.
    This could be a DNS issue--are your able to ping stats.allstarlink.org ??

    If you can ping the stats server, wget isn't working properly, for some
    reason.

    As a test, this wget command (run from the shell prompt) should return
    a short segment of html code:

    wget -O- -q 'http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=2000'

    ...The output should look roughly like:

    <h1><center>Node 2000</center></h1>

    <BR><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
    <HTML>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Statistics by Node</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <h2><center>Statistics</center></h2>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    (The html format needs to be cleaned up a little, but it works)

    73, David KB4FXC

    App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org