[App_rpt-users] 24/7 Echolink Connection Dropping Audio (one-way)

Will Bashlor will at bashlor.com
Thu Jan 11 13:57:24 UTC 2018

Good morning Fellas,

I have posted this on the FB group, but there seems to be more technical folks (and staff) on this list.

This remains to be a very aggravating issue for our group. After much troubleshooting it appears this issue is definitely an AllStar related problem. I’ve decided to pull the plug on AllStar and go back to echolink only (probably SvxLink) for our local repeater that stays connected to the Echolink Georgia Conference (4544).

I’ve tried hamvoip and the official AllStar images, bypassed my firewall completely (I have a static IP address), changed geographical locations, changed to a Hubless node, I’ve connected to Echolink theBridge software on Linux, and the Echolink application on Windows, I’ve connected to Echolink conferences and -R, and -L nodes, and I’ve also tried permanent and non-permanent connections, all to no avail. There are probably more things I’ve tried that I can’t remember off the top of my head. No matter what I try I still experience the same issue described below.

Does anyone have any final advise I can try? Are there any AllStar staff reading this that can offer some support? I’m guessing this would definitely be classified as a bug. Is there somewhere I can submit it for review?

I would much rather use AllStar than Echolink alone and do plan on switching back if it’s ever resolved Thanks all...