[App_rpt-users] Stats server update

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Fri Jan 19 15:54:00 UTC 2018

> holy crap, your dns server is messing with the ASL.org ttl
>
> 25932082 seconds is 7203 _hours_ or over 300 days!
>
> The TTL should be 300 seconds or less.

I can't tell you how many SOHO routers I've fought with that don't handle
DNS TTL correctly and/or return some ridiculously long TTL to the
workstation that made the query...which is why I never let those kind of
routers handle DNS, I point right to a real server (typically Google,
OpenDNS, or the ISP depending on the situation).

				--- Jeff WN3A

---