[App_rpt-users] RTCM audio interfacing options

Jesse Lloyd ve7lyd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:41:30 UTC 2018

Well, if you want it to vote it'll have to be discriminator rx audio. If not, I'll use which ever squelch I deem to be superior. The motorola 2 level squelches are typically pretty good, but you have to open the lid on a GM300 to adjust it. If that's ok, then I'd use that.

For pre-emph, if you want simulcast with PL you have to let the voter make the PL tone. Otherwise I prefer using the mic in as it has nice a nice audio filter response and limiter circuit. Just a note for the GM300 you should adjust the max deviation when programming them into the ham band. The UHF ones I find change quite a bit with frequency. Sometimes you'll also have to make an adjustment to the PLL reference voltage to get it to lock up for Tx.

Cheers,
Jesse