[App_rpt-users] RTCM audio interfacing options

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 00:17:12 UTC 2018

If you are using discriminator audio you don't have to set deemp=yes in
voter.conf because 13 - COR type = 0 (normal) will switch in the RTCM's
filter. With 13 - COR type = 1 (Ignore) the filter is not switched in.

You can use COR type 0 in non-voting applications if you want to use the
RTCM's squelch circuit which is quite good and MICOR quality. This has 2
advantages. You'll be able to see the RTCM's RSSI rather than just 0 and
255. Second, you can use turn the P/L on and off as the only output PIN
isn't 'anded' COR and PL. In this case you likely will need to set
deemp=yes in voter.conf.

Transmit audio is not pre-emphasize unless you have CTCSS enabled. If you
need pre-emphasis but no tone you can set a freq with 0 level.

Tim WD6AWP