[App_rpt-users] URI-X Issues With New Raspbian build

Jim Aspinwall No1PC no1pc at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 01:00:53 UTC 2018

First, apologies for what ended up coming out as a rant that 'got' to a few people. Not my intention... I tried to be casual/conversational and that doesn't work in-type.   As a result I did get a different perspective on the history of AllStar developments... :O

*** Steve:  thanks for the specific log locations... I'll fetch and send them soonest.

If there are common known errors and clues to "yup, bad card..." or "check x.conf and y.conf for consistency of z parameter" - I'm more than willing to start documenting log tidbits, clues, etc. for the 'KB' effort.  (when I designed software I did ask the developers to spit out details once in awhile so we knew when function X crapped out... "wow, you know we can do that? CRAP!")

In a production support realm, when you see a trend of 10... 20 similar issues, you start looking to how-to, KB, or systematic remote fixes to relieve the support team of production issues.  As the back-end person pushing apps and updates the last thing *I* want is end-user calls/e-mails for the easy stuff... I have my own images, patches, packages and deployments to work on and annoy the user base on "Patch Tuesday"... the help desk knows better than to 'dox' me out to the users...  :O

*** Mike, you asked: "Could you state what the 'first few' commands are on 1st boot with your new image ? ...mike/kb8jnm"

What am I looking for?  The boot process of course dumps a ton of initialization info...

What I type in?  I go for "sudo asl-menu"