[App_rpt-users] OSS Free ASL with URIx

JJC cummingsj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:37:37 UTC 2018

Started a new thread since the old one was hijacked a little bit..

At any rate, I have a current raspbian kernal (without OSS) and I have done
the following:

   1. disabled onboard audio (just blacklisting the KM for the device)
   2. configured ALSA to use the C-Media device (URIx) for default audio
   3. installed pulseaudio
   4. installed osspd
   5. start pulseaudio
   6. stard osspd defining --adsp as dsp1 and as a padsp slave
   7. start asterisk

It's not perfect yet, but I do have ASL receiving audio from the URIx and
transmitting audio through the URIx.. it's not clear audio.. maybe audio
levels?  Also note that there i an osspd-alsa but that doesn't work.. when
I try that it causes the usb closed errors that I had posted in the other
thread and ASL won't get past that point.

Unfortunately the site is far enough away that I can't get to the device
and put it on the bench.. a user is reporting that "tones" are what he is
hearing after he unkeys

If I can figure out the rest I'll be publishing all of the things that need
to be edited to 'get-er-done' until then I'll be playing with it... any
input/ideas/feedback is welcome!